Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Saldivia's: Uruguayan Food

The mapquest link is http://www.mapquest.com/?sem=1&ncid=mpqmap00170000000007&s_kwcid=TC|10782|directions||S||5197679936 and the restaurant site link is http://www.saldivias.com/. The phone number is (713) 782-9494.

Uruguay is on the southeastern Atlantic coast of the Southern Cone of South America, bordering Argentina to the west and south and Brazil to the north. Common food is meat, particularly beef. The people eat a lot of bread, mainly made of white flour, and many consume dairy products, including the national dessert, dulce de leche. Other popular desserts are pastries, milk and egg pudding, and rice pudding. The outside of the restaurant is plain. But inside it is a lot nicer, and there is a Uruguayan feel. The service is great and the staff is nice. This restaurant serves many types of food including fish, chicken, and beef. I ordered the Pechuga a las Brazs. This is a breast of chicken. It was delightful, especially the potatoes that were on the side. Before this I was offered bread and a salad. Chimichurri was offered for the bread which was good, however; I did not enjoy the salad. Then for dessert I had a tres leches which was great!

Location- 4 Stars
Parking- 4 Stars
Ambiance- 3 1/2 Stars
Customer Service- 4 Stars
Price Range-4 Stars
Quality of Food- 4 Stars

I really enjoyed going to Saldivia's. The experience was great. I would recommend this to everyone for any occasion. It was too much food for me to eat at lunch, so I would recommend going there for dinner. Saldivia’s South American Grill was an amazing restaurant and I would definitely go there again.
The outside
Pechuga a las Brazas
The salad

1 comment:

  1. Wow, really good pictures! The chicken looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete